All parents agree to collect their children from nursery by 6pm, and are informed of procedures to follow if they expect to be late.
- Calling the nursery as soon as possible to advice of their situation
- Asking a designated person on the child`s registration form to collect the child. This person must have ID and must know the child`s password.
If a child has not been collected from the nursery after a reasonable amount of time (max 20 minutes) has been allowed for lateness, staff will initiate the following procedure:
- The Nursery Manager will be informed that a child has not been collected
- The Manger will check for any information regarding changes to normal routines, parents work patterns or general information. If there is no information recorded, the parents will be contacted on the numbers provided for their mobile, home or work. If this fails the emergency contacts will then be contacted on the numbers provided for their mobiles, home or work. If this fails the emergency contact will then be contacted as per the child`s records
- The manager/Staff member in charge and one other member of staff must stay behind with the child (If outside normal operating hours). During normal operating times, staff ratios must be met and planned for accordingly.
- If the parents have still not collected the child, the Manager will telephone all contact numbers available every 10 minutes until contact is made. These calls need to be logged on a full incident record
- In the event of no contact being made after one hour has lapsed, the person in charge will ring the Social Services Emergency Duty Team
- Ofsted will also be advised of the situation as soon as convenient
- The two members of staff will remain in the building until suitable arrangements have been made for the collection of the child
- The child’s welfare and needs will be met at all times and to minimise distress staff will distract, comfort and reassure the child during the process In order to provide this additional care a late fee of £5 for every 10 minutes, will be charged to parents. This will pay for any additional operational costs that caring for a child outside their normal nursery hours may incur.
Contact numbers: Name Contact No Social Services Emergency Duty Team 020 8496 3000
Ofsted 0300 1234666