This policy applies to all adults, including volunteers, working in or on behalf of the setting.
Everyone working in or for our settings service shares an objective to help keep children and young people safe by contributing to:
- Providing a safe environment for children and young people to learn and develop, and
- Identifying children and young people who are suffering or likely to suffer significant harm, and taking appropriate action with the aim of making sure they are kept safe both at home and in our setting
Little Miracles Day Nursery is committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of all of its children. Every child’s welfare is of paramount importance.
We recognise that:
- Some children may be especially vulnerable to abuse
- Children who are abused or neglected may find it difficult to develop a sense of self-worth and to view the world in a positive way. Whilst at the setting, their behavior may be challenging
- Children can be victims and perpetrators of abuse
- Children who harm others may have been abused themselves
- Allegations can be made against staff, however careful and safe our recruitment practices are
This policy will be updated annually and is known to everyone working in the setting. It will be available to parents on request.